Sunday, June 10, 2012

Just a few pictures from my week...


 This past week we worked on a special holiday project with P6- making a newspaper! It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun as we showed the children how to use a computer and type their work. It was so new to them but they loved it and did very well.











Here is one of the taxis that takes the children to church on Sunday. This morning I crowded into a taxi with 22 little boys and headed to church in Wakiso! I loved the running commentary that Moses gave me along the way. "Look, look there's a pig! Now we're going up, and now we're going down. Did you see that baby farmer? I didn't know such little boys could watch cows, did you?!!" :)

This is inside the church where we worshiped this morning. The floor is uneven dirt and rocks. It's big but there are no windows or doors and not enough chairs so people crowd onto these rickety benches that feel as if they may be about to fall apart (but this is considered very nice compared to many churches here). As I worshiped with these people and witnessed the love they have for the Lord, it was a very good reminder to me that the church is not a building but the people and that being "rich" is not defined by material possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment